Follow my blog with bloglovin Linda B's Blog: Something Old, Something New BBA Team

Friday, June 28, 2013

Something Old, Something New BBA Team

The BBArtisans team challenge is to create a new piece with old and new items. 

I upcycled the black beads from a necklace I purchased at a thrift shop. The white round beads, I received from a bead swap. 

Crocheted necklaces are fun for me to make, and I needed something black and white. 



It was going to be a bracelet, but I wanted a necklace, so I added some chain. I may have figured out how to make these finally - there need to be more beads or chain around the neck so the necklace is comfortable. The crochet wires are not. 

I sold the purple and gold wire crochet necklace a few weeks ago. 



I'm taking a survey for the upcoming holiday season. 

Do you like the mix and match bead size and style? Or do you prefer the beads to be more similar in size/?

Comment here and I'll come up with a new design soon. 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun necklace! I like those checkerboard beads :)
    I like necklaces that have different sized beads on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duni, I like differences sizes and shapes too.

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm. They are both cool, but I really like the mix and match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the mix and match is fun.
    Love your OOAK black and white necklace. Those checkered beads are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnn, thanks for stopping by. I like the black and white too.

      Delete

I love visitors and am so glad you stopped by. Please let me know what you think.