Follow my blog with bloglovin Linda B's Blog: Apply These 5 Techniques To Take You Time

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Apply These 5 Techniques To Take You Time


Everyone’s busy today with work, (for employers and our businesses), our families, and our friends. Then, there’s cooking, cleaning and other chores that need to be done. How do you take time for yourself?

Here are my top 5 tips on taking time for you and questions about how you do it. I invite you to post your Tips to Take You Time in the comments below.

  1. When I get home from work, I change clothes. That means I can turn off my work thoughts and I am ready to start new projects, home projects, make jewelry or play with our cats.
  2. Family time: At least 1-2 of our 4 cat children greet me at the door, so I spend a few minutes petting them and talking to them. Studies have shown that interacting with animals lowers blood pressure and helps reduce stress.

  3. Schedule ½ hour in your calendar once a week for you. Build up to an hour or an entire day.
    • To-Do List: Add you time to your calendar: 
    • If you’ve read The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, this corresponds to taking yourself on a weekly date.
    •  I’ve found an Android app for my phone. It’s called Do It Tomorrow and it’s available from the Google Play Store. By keeping a list, I write out the task, so I don’t think about it anymore until I’m ready to do it. This way I don’t worry about forgetting to do something.


4. Reading: For me, reading a book is like going on an adventure before I go to sleep. A few of my favorite authors are James Patterson, Amanda Quick, Stephen King, Janet Evanovich, Debbie Macomber, and Dr. Wayne Dyer.
    • My Favorite Magazines: Prevention, Real Simple: Online – The Jewish Magazine, Jewish Treats
    • My Favorite Blogs: Kind Over Matter, Jewish Women International, Homemade Simple
    • What authors/books do you read?
    • What magazines and blogs do you read? Do you read any online regularly? Which ones? 


5. Get together with your friends for an adventure or to catch up. Adventures can be visiting a local festival, craft fair, going out for a meal, a BBQ, or any activity you plan to do together. I’m also a fan or retail therapy and chocolate therapy.


Now it’s your turn to tell me how you find time for yourself and what you like to do. Please comment below and follow my blog. 

Do you do anything else to take time for yourself? 


22 comments:

  1. I watch very little tv but when I do it's old episodes on line. So when the headphones go on, it's' leave mommy alone' time. My fav spot to watch tv (or doing anything really) is while sitting in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that you have a special place for you time.

      Delete
  2. I finally picked up a book yesterday and am halfway through. I cannot tell you the last time I read for fun. I am excited about church festivals and farmers markets this summer. I moved and there are great places for me to start running again this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it, Mandee. Keep us posted on your summer activities.

      Delete
  3. Fluffy kitten!! I am particularly bad about never changing after work. I should really take a page from my man here - he always gets changed! For the last two years, though, I have made a point of making some time for myself. Even when super, super busy, I've always gone to a dance class at least once (usually twice) a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that you can go to class.

      Delete
  4. LOVE your kitties, Linda :)
    I get up pretty early - that's my kitty time, and I make a point of taking off for one afternoon a week, just to do whatever I want to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duni, that's great - I'd love to do that, but my boss wouldn't like it.

      Delete
  5. I finally started a summer read over the holiday weekend. Love to get into a good book. Also love walks with my two little pups :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your kitty pics.
    I browse pretty pictures on Pinterest before I go to bed.
    I like to read, but do not make time to read regularly.
    I have promised myself an early morning walk each day (weather permitting --I'm a fair weather walker) starting June 1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article Linda! It's so important to take time for ourselves. It's hard to make the time though. I just want to find some time to clean my garage right now. And then a good book and a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitties are so cute! I love getting out in nature, and when I can't do that i go to a local park, with my "doggie daughter".
    I also can get lost in a book, and I enjoy mysteries the most.
    Sometimes I just sit with the Tv off, and no noise.. And, just breathe and feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, I get lost in books too. Mysteries, too. :)

      Delete
  9. I count myself pretty lucky--creating *is* my "me time". What a great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get enough me time either creating, reading or with the kitties.

      Delete
  10. fantastic ideas. i also subscribe to cat therapy! nothing beats cozying up with a fluffy kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sundays are our escape time - we take long walks, turn off the phones and try to take at least part of the day to enjoy each other and our families!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree - the animal time is wonderful. I like to take little breaks throughout the day to stop and enjoy God's creation. Sunsets are marvelous! and so are tiny flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post...do number 2, and I always try to get out to the terrace first thing in the morning and breathe fresh air, look intensley at the sky and nature....as good as coffee and gets me on track!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Personal time....what a concept....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm learning how important it is to find time for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors and am so glad you stopped by. Please let me know what you think.