Everyone’s busy today with work, (for employers and our businesses), our families, and our friends. Then, there’s cooking, cleaning and other chores that need to be done. How do you take time for yourself?
Here are my top 5 tips on taking time for you and questions about how you do it. I invite you to post your Tips to Take You Time in the comments below.
- When I get home from work, I change clothes. That means I can turn off my work thoughts and I am ready to start new projects, home projects, make jewelry or play with our cats.
- Family time: At least 1-2 of our 4 cat children greet me at the door, so I spend a few minutes petting them and talking to them. Studies have shown that interacting with animals lowers blood pressure and helps reduce stress.
- Schedule ½ hour in your calendar once a week for you. Build up to an hour or an entire day.
- To-Do List: Add you time to your calendar:
- If you’ve read The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, this corresponds to taking yourself on a weekly date.
- I’ve found an Android app for my phone. It’s called Do It Tomorrow and it’s available from the Google Play Store. By keeping a list, I write out the task, so I don’t think about it anymore until I’m ready to do it. This way I don’t worry about forgetting to do something.
- My Favorite Magazines: Prevention, Real Simple: Online – The Jewish Magazine, Jewish Treats
- My Favorite Blogs: Kind Over Matter, Jewish Women International, Homemade Simple
- What authors/books do you read?
- What magazines and blogs do you read? Do you read any online regularly? Which ones?
Now it’s your turn to tell me how you find time for yourself and what you like to do. Please comment below and follow my blog.
Do you do anything else to take time for yourself?