Follow my blog with bloglovin Linda B's Blog: Tommy the Cat - Who's that kitty in the mirror?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tommy the Cat - Who's that kitty in the mirror?

Most of you know that we have a kitten named Tommy. He's about 8 months old now and he makes us laugh with his cuteness and want to give him away when he's naughty.

The other day I was on the computer and I heard a noise that sounded like the laundry room light was being turned on and off. It has a pull cord. And, I knew that my husband had left for work already.

The office is about 20 ft. away from the laundry room. I saw something ... the light was on ... and Tommy the cat was on top of the washing machine. I had enough time to get the camera.

Warning, these pics are blurry - I had to shoot fast.

Tommy waiting for his chance to jump and pull the light cord.  



And this is Tommy after he pulled down the light cord completely. I had to 
get a step stool and stand on the washer to put the light cord back to turn out the light.  


Every morning, when I am getting ready for work,
Tommy is checking himself out in the mirror,
but I could never catch him in a picture.
He used to do it sitting on the floor, but now that
he's big he has to jump on everything. 

Who's that kitty in the mirror?

Sorry about the blur - here's Tommy checking himself in the mirror. 
Many times, he's sitting closer to it and looking at himself
straight on. 


So, Tommy the cat is pretty wild. I was hoping he'd settle down as he got a little older, but he's learning all the bad things from his 3 older brothers. 

While it's kind of funny enough to share with you, it's really hard to get him to understand the word "no." Spanking is the only thing that makes him stop. 

Do you have any naughty cats? How do you discipline them?

15 comments:

  1. Too cute. My cats are pretty naughty but not really in a funny way. Mostly just trying to eat each other, torturing the dog and not using the litter appropriately :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally a cat person....discipline is not a concept they understand, but that's what makes them endearing right?Somtimes clapping very loudly and saying NO startles them, but as for long lasting effects...NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie :) I love the last pic of him checking himself out in the mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's part of his morning ritual. I crack up every morning.

      Delete
  4. Very cute! It's funny what cats do to amuse themselves. I used to have cats and I don't think they're the discipline type :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just too adorable! My daughter gets a water bottle and sprays her cat when he's bad, cause everyone knows they hate water..But, you have to laugh at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Discipline isn't in most cats' vocabular. The best you can do is close doors but even at that, they are very quick and usually several steps ahead of us all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tommy is a crack up...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never a dull moment by the sounds of things

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tommy is so cute! I'm afraid I don't have any good pointers on cat discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No naughty kitties - just a sadness for our Misha (he passed away a few years ago). Too cute - have fun with Tommy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No naughty cats, just naughty puppies. *sigh* Sometimes I just don't know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dell, sorry to hear about your Misha, it's so hard when they pass. At times, I think some of these guys have their spirits in the same habits they have.

    Naughty, but with such an angelic face.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My cat is an angel!! :p
    Blurry or not, Tommy is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors and am so glad you stopped by. Please let me know what you think.