Follow my blog with bloglovin Linda B's Blog: January Holidays

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

January Holidays

I always like to know what's coming up for the month ahead, so I checked the site,

Bizarre and Unique Holidays. Here's what's happening for January:

National Bath Safety Month
National Blood Donor Month
National Braille Literacy Month
National Hobby Month
Hot Tea Month
National Oatmeal Month
National Soup Month

Week Celebrations:
2nd Week Letter Writing Week

January 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

1 New Year's Day

2 Run up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes Day

3 Festival of Sleep Day - this looks promising to me.
3 Fruitcake Toss Day

3 Humiliation Day - I refuse to participate.

4 Trivia Day

5 National Bird Day

6 Bean Day

6 Cuddle Up Day

Swarovski Cherub Earrings


7 Old Rock Day

8 Bubble Bath Day
8 Male Watcher's Day

9 Play God Day - nope, not for me.

10 Houseplant Appreciation Day

10 Peculiar People Day

11 Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend's Day

12 Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day

12 National Pharmacist Day

13 International Skeptics Day
13 Make Your Dream Come True Day

14 Dress Up Your Pet Day

15 National Hat Day

16 National Nothing Day

17 Ditch New Years Resolutions Day

18 Thesaurus Day
18 Winnie the Pooh Day -The Birthday of Winnie's author A.A. Milne

19 National Popcorn Day

20 National Buttercrunch Day

20 Penguin Awareness Day

21 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday, celebrated on the third Monday
21 National Hugging Day
21 Squirrel Appreciation Day

22 National Blonde Brownie Day

23 National Pie Day

23 National Handwriting Day
23 Measure Your Feet Day- we only ask...."Why!?!"

24 Beer Can Appreciation Day

24 Compliment Day

25 Opposite Day

26 Spouse's Day

26 Tu B'Shevat - Jewish New Year for Trees. Hope to be creating something for this holiday.

27 Chocolate Cake Day
27 Punch the Clock Day

28 Fun at Work Day
28 National Kazoo Day

29 National Puzzle Day
29 National Cornchip Day

30 National Inane Answering Message Day

31 Backward Day

31 Inspire Your Heart with Art Day - this deserves more than 1 day, don't you think?

Emerald Green Swarovski Heart Earrings


Did I miss any holidays or traditions that you celebrate in January?





15 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic list - and perfect ideas for being able to find reasons to blog!! (Love the National Popcorn Day, of course!)

    Happy January to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dell, I'll have to feature 1of your items on National Popcorn day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you find these? Great inspirations for creating during the month of January ^_^! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll join in the festivities for Sleep Day and Art Day.

    Fun Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a list! Lots of inspiration for team treasuries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the list! There are some crazy ones out there, but some of them look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your lists and your asides. I'm with you on the Sleep Day! Those cherub earrings are perfect for Valentine's Day! And the green ones are right on trend - Emerald!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lot of holidays!! I think making some treasuries on those days will get FRONT PAGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day? How funny! This is a great list, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting, particularly Bath Safety Month. I looked it up, in case anyone else wants to know!
    http://www.mgh.org/trauma/bath_safety.html
    Cheers, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unique Cozy Treasures - Well, all of that info was news to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, there are a lot of days I plan to participate in fully, especially sleep day, popcorn day, and was it watch men day (?) What a hilarious collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun post! I had no idea there were so many days to celebrate. I agree with others... great inspirations for blogging and treasuries.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well, of course there's my birthday, on the 18th! On Thesaurus Day. I love the thesaurus! I guess these are all passed by Congress - more important business! {:-D

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors and am so glad you stopped by. Please let me know what you think.