Happy Birthday Sagittarian (November 23 - December 5)
* Soul stone: any of the tourmalines. Born under this fire sign, you are action-oriented and very lively. Tourmaline gives off an electrical charge when it is warmed and is the ideal stone to match and propel your innate energy.
* Power Stone: Amber Wear it or carry it with you for short periods of time. Ancients believed that this fossilized resin trapped the sun.
* Soul stone: Tourmaline is also the soul stone for later born Sagittarians.
* Power stone: Turquoise is your power stone. It has a long history as a valued stone by many cultures. It is associated with horses and riders (Sagittarius is the centaur of the zodiac). Turquoise gives insight and aids travel (a strong characteristic of most Sagittarians is a love of travel). Turquoise will help you to find purpose and capture the passion and vision to see it through.
* Heart stone: The heart stone of the late born Sagittarian is a little known stone called bornite (also called peacock ore). It is a powerful energy crystal that assists the Sagittarian in overcoming indecisiveness, a common trait of this sun sign.
Celebrities born under this sign:
Ludwig van Beethoven
Sammy Davis, Jr.
Billie Jean King
WHAT: One of a kind artisan items for holiday gifts
SHOPPING, FUN AND GAMES JOIN US FOR A CHANCE TO WIN!
$25 Visa Card - just show up to enter and stay to the end for a drawing!
Lip Balm Havoc will be giving a free Growl perfume to the first to show up at that auction - Room opens 15 minutes before auction. Get there as fast as you can!
Find the secret word in one of the listings to win a pair of earrings from Sue A. This word will be announced at exactly 7:30 before the auction starts.
Itty Bitty Kitties will be giving the first bidder a free polymer kitty.
Pinx Jewelry will be giving the first pusher of the night free wire-wrapped rings.
TLC Treasures1 will be giving a decorated table top tree to the top buyer of the whole auction!
BeadCasita will be giving away earrings! All bidders pick a number after their win! Winner to be announced after auction!
You need to pay attention during the auction and listen very carefully! When you hear the phrase "there's an elf in the house." be the first to type "elf" without the quotes of course and win an Amanda Rose Soaps Christmas Soap Set.
Sponsored by One of a Kind Team Members:
5dogsdesigns.etsy.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Rose Soaps at http://www.amandarosesoapsllc.weebly.com
oddball Art Co by Lizzy Love at www.oddballartco.com
Lip Balm Havoc at www.lipbalmhavoc.com
Pinx Jewelry at www.pinxjewelry.com
Get It In The CLOSET at www.getitinthecloset.com
Momma Aroma's at email@example.com
BeadCasita at http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadCasita
thepoisonedapples@etsy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brooke Warren at www.etsy.com/thesensoryemporium
Edens Touch Breat at http://craftcafe.co/shop/edenstouchbread/ or http://fb.com/EdensTouchBread
Roisin Dubh Creations at http://www.etsy.com/shop/RoisinDubhCreations;
Linda B dba LinorStore at www.facebook.com/linorstore, www.lindab142.etsy.com, or www.lindab142.artfire.com
Itty Bitty Kitties at Rixiepixie.Etsy.Com
Forest Faerie Herbals at forestfaerieherbals.wordpress.com
Vanessa from The Gallow Unlimited at http://thegallowunlimited.com
Sat Nov 24 is Small Business Saturday. It's a day that people support local small businesses ... the focus is on retail brick and mortar businesses, like Paul's Restaurant and Sunset Books in Elgin. Please remember that online shops are small businesses too.
Postings on Facebook have mentioned that by supporting handmade businesses, you are: paying for ballet lessons and sports for children. Everyone is encouraged to support handmade for the holidays.
Unfortunately due to financial circumstances I can't offer you any special discounts right now. I can only give you the chance to wear my bold, classic or eclectic jewelry designs and get excellent customer service. I invite you to browse through my shops to find quality holiday gifts Linda B's Jewelry Designs.
Besides the satisfaction of buying an original design, your funds will help pay for vet bills for our newest cat, Tommy, utility bills, groceries and everyday living expenses. Part of me is embarrassed to post this, but I am reaching out to you honestly and with good intentions. I've added a donate button to the top left, if you prefer to make a monetary donation.
I'm participating with other small
business artisans in a couple of online group Outbid auctions. Outbid is
a relatively new auction site that began in March 2012. The cool thing
about Outbid is that you can host your auctions with a microphone and
talk about your items (or not). It's fun.
As artisans, we want to make your online shopping experience easy and fun. Please RSVP and tell your friends too. November 20, 2012 8:00 pm CST RSVP here - https://www.outbid.com/auctions/5221-one-of-a-kind-artisan-gift-items-4 On Outbid.com
Hope to see you there!
STAY WITH US UNTIL THE END OF THE AUCTION FOR A RAFFLE SPONSORED BY Amanda Rose Soaps, LLC http://amandarosesoapsllc.weebly.com. Register to win by just showing up and for every purchase you make, regardless of who you buy from in the auction, you get another chance!
You will be billed by the seller directly for winning bids and 5$ Outbid coupon not valid on community auctions at this time.
November and December are two of the most festive months of the year,
but they can also be very dangerous for our furry friends.
Two of the
greatest dangers are lost pets and pet poisoning.
offer advice on how to keep your dogs and cats safe during the winter
Most pet holiday accidents or injuries are related to pets eating people
food or other holiday objects, such as tinsel, holiday houseplants,
ornaments and ribbon
Toxic to our pets: chocolate, grapes, raisins and some nuts
Chocolate is one of the most dangerous foods for a pet.
Methylaxanthine, a component of chocolate, may cause potentially
life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias and central nervous system
dysfunction. Other potential symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea,
hyperactivity, tremors and seizures.
Some holiday plants are toxic to pets, including Christmas rose, holly,
amaryllis lilies, red azaleas, philodendron, and dieffenbachia. Poinsettias are probably overrated as being toxic to pets, but it’s
still worth being careful about.
Other foods to keep away from pets include onions, garlic and
scallions which can damage a dog’s red blood cells. Fatty foods, such
as roasts, gravy, nuts and egg nog can inflame the pancreas, leading to
Pets, like people, are also prone to holiday stress. For a dog or cat
this could trigger an illness and intestinal upset. Or they could bolt
from the home to find a “safe place” to hide. Be sure they are wearing a
current ID just in case of escape. Take time during the holiday
“down-times” to spend time with your pet to ensure they do not feel left
out of the fun festivities. If you suspect that your pet has eaten something toxic, call your
veterinarian and/or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center's 24-hour
emergency hotline at 1-888-4-ANI-HELP.
Are you shopping for Chanukah (Hanukkah)? I'm not sure why we have so many different spellings for the Festival of Lights. This year it begins on Saturday, December 8th.
I am pleasing to be selling my Chanukah jewelry and Jewish beaded designs at a few Hanukkah Bazaars this year at
Congregation Kneseth Israel, 330 Division, Elgin, IL (not in person) on Nov 18, 25 and Dec 2
Congregation Or Torah, 3800 Dempster, Skokie, IL, in person on Nov 18 and
Temple Beth Israel, at 3601 W Dempster, Skokie, IL in person on Dec 2
You can also shop conveniently from home, avoiding the crowds and with the security of PayPal or a credit card and purchase my Jewish jewelry and wire beaded kippot. Here are a few examples:
I'm participating with other small business artisans in a couple of online group Outbid auctions. Outbid is a relatively new auction site that begin in March 2012. The cool thing about Outbid is that you can host your auctions with a microphone and talk about your items. It's fun.
As artisans, we want to make your online shopping experience easy and fun. Please RSVP and tell your friends too. I'm in 2 CyberMonday auctions in the evening.
4Just a quick update to let you know what's happening with Linda B of LinorStore.
1. I did a show over the weekend at a synagogue. There were several jewelry vendors and lots of resellers too. I did sell some kippot, women's headcoverings, but brought way too much merchandise with me and asked for 2 tables. If I do this show again next year, I will only get one table. Plus, the synagogue took a hefty percentage of my sales (20%) AND a raffle prize.
2. Tommy, the guest kitty is getting bigger. He plays with his big brothers all the time. I have to raise funds for some Vet bills for him and his brothers, so I'm hoping some of you are cat lovers, or know someone who is.
I'm sure you can find some great Holiday gifts in my Etsy or Artfire shops.
By shopping handmade, you are contributing to my family's vet bills and helping us out.
3. Last, I will not be mailing orders from Nov 9 to Nov 14. I am having carpal tunnel surgery Nov 9. So, I won't be on the computer that much so my hand can recover from the surgery. I won't be taking custom orders for a little while. But, I have plenty of items that are ready to ship.
I'm grateful to my customers and my fellow artisans and family who support my creative endeavors.