Friday, August 31, 2012
At a neighborhood sidewalk sale, I purchased this Laura Burch cat pin/pendant from a jewelry dealer. You know me, cats, multiple colors, it's sooo me!
cat earrings from a PromoFrenzy teammate
When I logged on to my Blog today, I found that one of my favorite bloggers has these limited edition porcelain cat pendants and/or pins. We had 2 calico cats; Pokey and Mischief. They're both in kitty heaven now.
And, here's a black cat who reminds me of our Stubbers (RIP)
So, here's to all of our fabulous cats. Have a terrific Labor Day weekend.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Etsy Sales 229 Artfire Sales: 38
In August 2012, these are my numbers:
Etsy Sales: 237 Artfire Sales: 51 Outbid Auctions (destash): 7
I’m revising this goal to be 325 in both Etsy and Artfire shops.
2. Local handmade craft shows: I researched other show opportunities in local area, and found that the market was too small and not my venue, it's more for foods and party plan items. One show that I like to visit is the Elgin Art and Soul on the Fox, but I won't do it because it's outside and a 2-day show-not within my criteria.
3. Record results of customer satisfaction surveys – partially done, need to send out more surveys to recent customers.
4. Keep better records of sales and postage in a spreadsheet – done through 8/22/12 in Excel.
5. Send newsletters to subscribers from shows with coupons – sent out 2 email specials so far You can subscribe to my newsletter https://www.facebook.com/LinorStore/app_100265896690345
6. 2 techniques to learn: wire beaded combs and create Herringbone wire wrap:
- a. I did create 2 wire beaded combs.
- b. Created wire crochet beaded necklaces from tutorials
- c. Created wire wrap rings from tutorials
- d. Need to watch Herringbone DVD again (this technique might not be for me.
White Pearl Swarovski Bridal Comb
Wire Crochet Turquoise Gemstone Necklace
7. List more on Artfire – achieved this goal and am continuing to list more and be active with teams.
For the above goals I:
- haven't achieved as many sales, but my goal number was very optimistic, considering the current economy.
- have learned new wire techniques and added new designs to my shops.
- achieved my listing goal on Artfire and am considering remaking some expired designs in my Etsy shop.
More goals will be in another blog post, so please stay tuned.
What goals have you achieved? Do you need to revise any of your goals?
Sunday, August 26, 2012
I’d like to thank those artists who have included my work in their Etsy Treasuries and Artfire Collections. Please visit their shops and show them some love.
Thank you again.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
With Hootsuite, you can make lists of topics or Etsy or Artfire teams and see what tweets are happening. This helps you retweet items from teammates.
And, now Hootsuite has made it easier to schedule tweets. You can do this 2 ways.
The old way:
Look in the upper left, where you see a calendar and a time. You 1) post a tweet and 2)schedule it for different dates and times, changing the text slightly.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Virgo, “the Virgin” in Latin, “Partenos” in Greek is the astrological sign for birthdays from Aug 22 to Sept 21 and Libra from September 23 - October 22 (coming in another article).
Happy Birthday Sapphire babies!
Monday, August 20, 2012
Here's what the Website says:
- I would feature your name/shop on my blog for 6 months to 1 year for free. We'll work out the details.
- I am a notetaker and would share what I learn there.
- I would take pics and post them for my blog readers to see.
The prices might be $300 for conference registration and $400 for the hotel or around $700. It would be great to have 7 sponsors at $100 each. or 14 sponsors at $50 each.
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Thank you to the curators of Etsy Treasuries and Artfire Collections for including my items. Please visit their shops and show them some love.
|Halloween||Turquoise Silver Bubble Necklace|
|Apples & Oranges||Lined Journal|
|Time to Party||Art Print Greeting Card|
|Tree Huggers||Aqua Sock Monkey|
|Jade||Silver Watch Face|
Thank you, all!
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
I went to the gem show last weekend with some friends. I was on a mission to find ring displays, cobalt blue glass beads and crystal rondelles.
- Sadly, there were no display people there; we were told they were probably at another show in Vegas.
- Happily, I spent under budget and got these items and a few more.
So, I’ll be gearing up for Hanukkah and Christmas in the next few weeks.
I won a giveaway by Jewelry Designs by Adonis – there’s a pendant too, but my kitties hid it on me.
2 of my kitty babies, Sammy & Fritz are being made into cat earrings by Ariella. You can see the listing here
Last, but not least, I’m having my 3rd Auction on Outbid on Thurs. Aug. 16 at 7:45 CDT. Handmade Jewelry and Overstock supplies'! Bidding starts on Aug 16, 07:45 PM CDT. You can RSVP http://www.outbid.com/auctions/2166 – hope to see you there.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Sterling Silver Official Cubs Fan Logo Keychain
Cubs Fan Ring and Earrings Set
Really, I'm a fair weather fan. I like both teams, the Cubs and the Sox.
What's your favorite team?
Saturday, August 11, 2012
You can preview the items and RVSP at http://www.outbid.com/auctions/2132
Outbid offers voice auctions where you are the auctioneer and you can talk about the items and people bid on them. There is a chat window for typing, too.
Currently, the auctions are free, payment is by PayPal.
These are some of the items, along with some keychains and magnets and jewelry.
Thursday, August 09, 2012
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted new jewelry designs, so I wanted you to see some earrings and necklaces that I’ve been working on.
As I edit my photos, there’s definitely a theme when I create, either colors or charms. You’ll see what I mean …
|Orange & Black Skull Earrings||Halloween Purple Skull Earrings|
|These are coming soon|
|Aqua Cat Earrings||Cat Earrings|
|Blue Cat Earrings||Calico Cat Earrings|
|Bridesmaids Earrings||Peridot Tree of Life Necklace|
|Sneak Peek – Coming Soon |
Beige Pearl Orbit Necklaces
Green Pearl Orbit Necklace
These are all in stock items.
I think my new tag line is “I make affordable jewelry for everyday, holidays and occasions.” What do you think of that?
When you create new items, is there a color scheme or a theme? What is it?